jobs & opportunities
Communications Coordinator – Part-time, Temporary
Film Pittsburgh is seeking a part-time, temporary Communications Coordinator to assist with public relations, social media communications and community outreach for the upcoming JFilm Festival. Film Pittsburgh is a non-profit organization that annually produces three major film festivals, a film education program for teens, and an international short film competition. Through its diverse programming, Film Pittsburgh aims to serve all audiences regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or ability.
Film Pittsburgh is in search of a team member who enjoys a creative, energetic work environment and values a job well done. Ideal candidates are self-directed, comfortable interacting with the public, and eager to play an integral role on a dynamic team. This position requires evenings and weekends as needed during film festivals and has the potential for growth within the organization.
• Oversee community outreach by building new and sustaining existing partnerships with diverse local organizations and businesses
• Assist with public relations and press/media engagement
• Plan and implement social media messaging and web-based marketing
• Assist with phone and online ticket sales, box office and patron services
• General administrative and communications support, as needed
• B.A. or M.A. degree in marketing, communications, or related field
• At least 2 years of communications, marketing, and/or event management and promotion experience
• Demonstrated experience with new media outreach and social media platforms
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Familiarity with database software (Sales Force or Patron Manager experience a plus)
• Exceptional ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work accurately and on time
This is a part-time position (15 – 20 hours per week) from March through May, 2018. Work hours include evenings and weekends during peak times.
Film Pittsburgh is an EOE. Compensation is competitive with other similarly-sized arts organizations.
Please send cover letter and resume to Info@FilmPittsburgh.org with job title in subject line.