Submissions for the 2018 JFilm Festival are now closed. Please check back in July of 2018 for information about submitting to the 2019 festival.
The JFilm Festival is open to any and all independent filmmakers, including college and graduate level film students, as well as professionals in the field. Eligible films must adhere to the following criteria:
- Must be a Pittsburgh premiere (no prior public Pittsburgh screenings or TV broadcasts)
- Films completed in 2016 or later
- Foreign language films must have English subtitles
- Length: thirty-five (35) minutes or longer
- Acceptable genres include narrative, documentary, or animated films
- Submissions must contain an essence of Jewishness as represented by theme, history or culture
Jewish-themed films that are 35-minutes or less should be submitted to the Robinson International Short Film Competition.
All applicants must complete an online entry form. Entrants may submit more than one film. Each entry requires a separate entry form and fee.
The following info is needed to complete the entry form:
- Film synopsis (50 word maximum)
- Country of origin
- Type of film
- Length of film
- Screening and broadcast history
- Honors and awards
- Filmmaker’s contact information, biography (50 word maximum), and personal statement (50 word maximum)
Formats for Preview Copies
Please submit via an online link and include password on registration form. Password should not be time sensitive as the previewing committee watches films for several months. Exhibition Formats: DCP, Blu-Ray
Deadline: Entries are due November 20, 2017
By Sep 1: $20
By Nov 30: $30
Payments must be made online with a credit card or mailed in the form of a U.S. bank check or money order. Personal checks from outside the U.S. are not accepted. Do not send cash. Film submissions will not be considered complete and your film will not be previewed until the submission fee has been paid.
Audience Awards are given for “Best Narrative” and “Best Documentary” at the JFilm Festival.