JOBS & OPPORTUNITIES
Office and Communications Manager
Film Pittsburgh seeks a full-time Office and Communications Manager to oversee communications, publicity, web and social media marketing, and general office operations.
Film Pittsburgh presents independent cinema that encourages tolerance and understanding, and embraces and celebrates the diversity of our shared human experiences. Through three distinct film festivals and an educational field-trip program for middle and high-school students, Film Pittsburgh impacts over 20,000 people each year.
We are in search of a team player who is highly motivated by our mission to present exemplary film programming throughout the year. Ideal candidates are self-directed, comfortable interacting with the public, and eager to play an integral role on a dynamic team.
- Manage email marketing, social media messaging, and publicity for all film festivals, programs, and events
- Create and implement annual and event-based marketing plans
- Oversee website content and updates, including conducting interviews and creating content for blog
- Utilize analytics and survey data to improve outreach and communications
- Gather and synthesize data for final reporting Provide support for individual fundraising campaigns
- General administrative and clerical duties, such as working with vendors, maintaining inventory of office and event supplies, delegating projects to administrative staff
- Assist with box office sales and guest services during film festivals and events
- B.A. or M.A. in marketing, communications, arts management or related field
- At least 5 years of communications, marketing, and/or event management and promotion experience
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience working with website content management systems
- Demonstrated experience with new media outreach and social media platforms Skilled in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe (Photoshop and InDesign) applications
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work accurately and on time
Film Pittsburgh is an events-based organization, so the availability to work evenings and weekends as needed is required. Our small, but dynamic team works closely together, often lending a hand in many capacities during peak times.
Film Pittsburgh is an EOE. Compensation is competitive with other similarly-sized arts organizations.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Info@FilmPittsburgh.org with job title in subject line.