Fall 2023 Internship
Film Pittsburgh, a nonprofit arts organization, seeks an intern for the fall semester to work with our team on social media, publicity, and festival outreach. This internship will mainly take place in person in our office with the potential for some limited hours conducted remotely.
We are in search of a team player who is highly motivated, self-directed, comfortable interacting with the public, and eager to play an integral role on a dynamic team.
- Working with Marketing Communications Manager to implement and execute social media strategies and website updates
- Writing and editing email marketing content, as well as other publicity and online marketing for film festivals and other events
- Outreach and engagement with community partners, including connecting with local university students
- Providing administrative support
- Assisting with box office sales and guest services during film festivals and events
- An interest in independent film
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- An ability to work independently
- Capable of working across operational divisions, depending on need
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) as well as Canva Social content development/branding experience a plus
- Knowledge of website content management a plus
- Film Pittsburgh is an events-based organization, so the availability to work evenings and weekends during festivals is required.
Our small team works closely together, often lending a hand in many capacities during peak times.
Internships are part-time, unpaid, and a minimum of 10 hours a week. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Info@FilmPittsburgh.org with “Internship” in subject line.
Don't see what you're looking for?
Get involved now. Sign up to volunteer!