Audio-Visual Technical Director – Contract Position
Film Pittsburgh, a nonprofit arts organization, seeks an Audio-Visual Technical Director (AVTD) to oversee all technical aspects of film presentation for the organization’s film festivals and education program. Candidates should have multi-year experience in the field and a thorough understanding of film projection, sound and lighting, as well as knowledge of DCP, video editing, and conversion of video file formats. Existing contacts with audio/visual vendors is a plus.
The AVTD will complete site visits at commercial theaters and alternative venues used by Film Pittsburgh to determine the technical needs for the organization’s programs. AVTD will oversee ordering and installation of equipment and will attend Film Pittsburgh events to ensure that programs run smoothly.
This is a contract position. While the AVTD will work closely with Film Pittsburgh’s Operations Manager and Director of Programming, candidates should be self-directed and able to work independently.
Film Pittsburgh presents independent film that encourages tolerance and understanding and celebrates diversity and our shared human experiences. Through four film festivals – Three Rivers, Pittsburgh Shorts, ReelAbilities, and JFilm – and Teen Screen, an educational program for middle and high-school students, we impact more than 20,000 people each year.
Film Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA, or who are members of other historically marginalized communities. Compensation is competitive with other similarly sized arts organizations.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Info@FilmPittsburgh.org with “Audio-Visual Technical Director” in subject line.
Social Media Intern
Film Pittsburgh, a nonprofit arts organization, seeks an intern to work with our team on social media, publicity, and program materials. This internship will mainly take place in person, in our office.
Film Pittsburgh presents independent cinema that encourages tolerance and understanding, and embraces and celebrates the diversity of our shared human experiences. Through four distinct film festivals and an educational field-trip program for middle and high-school students, Film Pittsburgh impacts over 20,000 people each year.
We are in search of a team player who is highly motivated by our mission to present exemplary film programming. Ideal candidates are self-directed, comfortable interacting with the public, and eager to play an integral role on a dynamic team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating content across our social media platforms
- Writing and editing email marketing content, as well as other publicity and online marketing for all film festivals, programs, and events
- Working with Marketing and Communications Manager to implement and execute social media strategies and help with website updates
- Outreach and engagement with Community Partners
- Providing administrative support
- Assisting with box office sales and guest services during film festivals and events
- Undergraduate or graduate student in digital media, marketing, communications, business, arts management, or related field
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), and Canva
- Experience creating social content for companies or brands is a plus
- Knowledge of website content management systems is a plus
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work accurately and on time
This internship will be a great opportunity to strengthen your social media and/or graphic design portfolio. Film Pittsburgh is an events-based organization, so the availability to work evenings and weekends as needed is required. Our small, but dynamic team works closely together, often lending a hand in many capacities during peak times. Internships are part-time, averaging 8-12 hours per week, and are unpaid.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: Info@FilmPittsburgh.org with internship title in subject line.