Teen Screen Assistant/Educator – Part-time, 10-15 hours per week
Teen Screen, Film Pittsburgh’s educational program, seeks an Assistant/Educator to help with curation of films, developing teaching materials, and administrative duties. Teen Screen consists of off-campus field trips for school groups including a film presentation, teaching materials, and pre- and post-screening discussions, sometimes including school visits. Teen Screen also offers virtual programming in which teachers share films at school or with at-home learners; in this model, pre- and post-film discussions are conducted virtually. Film topics include the Holocaust, genocide, and social justice, among others.
Film Pittsburgh is looking for an enthusiastic, self-confident team member. Ideal candidates are self-directed, comfortable interacting with the public, and eager to play an integral role on a dynamic team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with Film Pittsburgh staff to select educational films for students
- Developing teaching materials and plans for each film presented
- Leading pre- and post-screening discussions with 4th-12th grade students
- Data collection and data entry, including developing and maintaining mailing lists
- Scheduling and coordinating volunteers
Hours are flexible but must include availability on a minimum of two pre-determined mornings per week from September through mid-June. Summer schedule is more flexible.
This position requires access to a car and a willingness to travel independently to schools or screening venues in Allegheny, Butler, South Fayette, Washington, and Westmoreland counties.
- Undergraduate degree in education, English, or related field
- Exceptional writing, communication and public speaking skills
- Comfortable leading discussions with small and large groups of young people
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM database is a plus
- Interest and knowledge of filmmaking is a plus
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work accurately and on time
This position requires current PA clearances to work with children.
Availability to work on other Film Pittsburgh programs, which are offered in the evening and on weekends, is a plus.
Film Pittsburgh is an EOE. Salary is competitive with other similarly-sized arts organizations.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Info@FilmPittsburgh.org with job title in subject line.