Grant Writer – Part-time, 5-10 hours per week
Film Pittsburgh, a nonprofit arts organization, seeks a part-time, Pittsburgh-based Grant Writer to help write and manage grants and reporting. The candidate will work closely with the associate director and executive director appealing to foundation, corporate, and government funders, as well as individual donors.
Film Pittsburgh presents independent film that encourages tolerance and understanding and celebrates diversity and our shared human experiences. Through four film festivals – JFIlm, Pittsburgh Shorts, ReelAbilities, and Three Rivers – and Teen Screen, an educational program for middle and high-school students, we impact more than 20,000 people each year.
We are in search of a team player who is highly motivated by our mission to help us raise the funds needed to present exemplary film programming throughout the year. Ideal candidates are self-directed, organized, and eager to play an integral role on a dynamic team.
- Work with the associate director to write or co-write approximately 20 grant applications as well as 20-30 interim and final reports
- Promote Film Pittsburgh and our mission in proposals, helping persuade funders to provide much-needed financial support
- Gather and synthesize data for final reporting
- Maintain a database of foundation and corporate funders, tracking deadlines and ensuring applications and reports are completed and submitted on time
- Track individual donations, including entering gifts into database, sending acknowledgements, and fulfilling benefit delivery
- Work with Communications Coordinator to prep Film Pittsburgh’s final and annual reports
- Research new funding sources as needed
- Assist with box office and guest services during film festivals as needed
- B.A. in English, writing, journalism, communications, or related field
- One or more years of professional writing or communications experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, research, grammar, and editing skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to set priorities and complete work accurately and on time
- Adept in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with a content management system (Salesforce or Patron Manager preferred)
This is a part-time or contract position totaling approximately 500 hours per year with the potential for growth as the organization expands its staff. Weekly hours will vary from 5 hours to 10+ hours a week. Potentially needed to work evening and weekend hours during four film festivals per year. Film Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA, or who are members of other historically marginalized communities. Compensation is competitive with other similarly sized arts organizations.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Info@FilmPittsburgh.org with job title in subject line.